Join us at AMCP Nexus for a pre-conference program uncovering the current and anticipated impacts of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
- When: Monday, Oct. 16 from 1–5:30pm
- Cost: $399 AMCP Members; $499 Non-Members
- Registration: Registration for this pre-conference program is separate from the AMCP Nexus 2023 registration fee.
This will be an up-to-the-minute program that will provide valuable information for you and your organization as you work to optimize your navigation of IRA.
This pre-conference program will offer two separate tracks to tailor the content to payers and pharmaceutical manufacturers. The patient perspective will be included in both tracks. Expert panelists and speakers will specialize in concepts such as:
- Negotiation and pricing
- Out-of-pocket smoothing
- Coordination and communication
- Considerations for preparing for IRA
With the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announcing the first 10 drugs selected for negotiation on Sept. 1, attendees will hear about the ripple effect of drug price negotiation.
1pm–1:15pm: Welcome & Opening Remarks
1:15pm–1:45pm: Overview of the Inflation Reduction Act
1:45pm–2:30pm: Multi-Discipline Panel — Payers, PBMs, Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Patient Advocates: Setting the Stage
2:45pm–3:30pm: Industry Tracks
- TRACK 1 — Negotiation Process: Pharma Perspective: Drug Price Negotiation Program and its Relevance to Payers, PBMs, Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, and Patients
- TRACK 2 — Out-of-Pocket Smoothing: Payer Perspective: Impact of Out of Pocket Smoothing on Payers and Patients
3:45pm–4:30pm: Industry Tracks
- TRACK 1 — Pricing & Contract Modeling: Pharma Perspective: Pricing & Contract Modeling: What does the Future Hold & How to Plan?
- TRACK 2 — Payer & Patient Coordination: Payer Perspective: Coordinated Efforts Win: Ensuring Payers, Patients, and Others are Ready
4:30pm–5:15pm: Multi-Discipline Panel — Payers, PBMs, Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Patient Advocates: Closing the Curtain
5:15pm–5:30pm: Closing & Key Takeaways
This pre-conference is intended for managed care pharmacists and professionals.
- Summarize IRA and its impact on pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and patients.
- Explain the implications of IRA beyond drug pricing impacts.
- Identify the latest developments and implications of the Medicare Drug Price Negotiation Program.
- Define how payers are responding to the direct and indirect effects of IRA including Part D redesign, catastrophic liability, and formulary management.
Facilitated by Valuate.