Nexus 2021 has concluded. Nexus 2022 submission dates are below.
- Dec. 1, 2021 — Submission site opens.
- July 15, 2022 — Submission site closes.
- July 22, 2022 — Notifications will be sent.
About Satellite Symposia
AMCP allows non-commercial, grant-supported satellite symposia in conjunction with select educational meetings. These symposia extend the educational experience of registered attendees at no additional charge. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and well-timed are likely to attract the largest attendance. AMCP attendees can gain continuing pharmacy education credit (CPE), continuing medical education credit (CME), continuing nursing education credit (CNE), or all three.
AMCP makes reasonable attempts to attract quality attendees but does not guarantee a specific volume, level of qualification, or overall attendance. Attendance by any given symposium is a function of that symposium and not the responsibility of AMCP. AMCP will not refund the symposia fee based on attendance. Medical education companies may invite professionals beyond the AMCP meeting registrants.
Satellite Symposia slot assignments will be made by AMCP based on the topic area. AMCP reserves the right to accept or reject proposals to ensure we are providing diversity in our educational programming.
Satellite Symposia Application Submission Checklist:
1. Satellite Symposium fee is due, in full, with the application along with proof of grant funding.
The cost of a satellite symposium is $20,000. The fee includes:
- An assigned one and one-half hour (1.5) meeting slot within the Nexus 2022 meeting agenda.
- A meeting room set in classroom style for up to 150 attendees.
- A table with (2) chairs and a wastebasket outside of the meeting room for check in.
- Placement of one professionally produced sign up to the size of a meter board outside of the satellite symposium room starting one hour prior to the published program start time. Sign design and printing is at the expense of the satellite host.
- Placement of one 22X28 professional produced sign in a designated Satellite Symposia directional area advertising your program starting two hours prior to the published program start time for afternoon and evening satellites and one hour prior to morning satellites. Sign design and printing is at the expense of the satellite host.
- A basic head table and audio visual set up to include a stage, a lectern with a podium mic, a head table with (2) chairs, table microphones and (2) audience microphones. Any additional audio visual or decor needs are at the cost of the satellite host). AMCP can provide contacts for these additional elements if required.
- (2) session tracker devices to collect attendee contact details.
- Collective – not individual - promotion of satellite symposia through the following channels:
- (2) targeted emails to AMCP members and guest lists, an audience of more than 30,000.
- (2) mentions in AMCP’s daily newsletter Daily Dose sent to the AMCP membership, an audience of more than 8,000.
- (2) mentions in Nexus 2021 attendee newsletters sent to all registered attendees starting (5) weeks before the meeting start date.
- Details available on the amcp.org/calendar website.
- Posts via social media (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) leading up to and during Nexus 2022 to engage followers and increase awareness of satellite programs.
- (1) announcement in AMCP’s monthly News and View e-newsletter the month of October to announce satellite programs.
2. Satellite Symposium Title
The title should appear in uppercase and lower-case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
3. Program Description
A comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
4. Learning Objectives
Include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to...”
5. Target Audience
Specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
Name of accredited providers that will award CPE, CME, or CNE credit for the symposium.
7. Contact Hours
Identify the contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
8. Commercial Support
Indicate the source(s) of commercial grant support.
9. Primary Contact
Determine who the primary contact and program manager for the activity will be.
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria:
- Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide enough information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation.
- Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and time are likely to attract the largest attendance.
- The originality of the subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
- Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Please contact email@example.com.